Subject: Re: [Leica] Noct vs 50 'lux
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 20:39:29 -0500

> Steve,
>
> I think he qualified it by inferring that the Noct is preferrable if you
> need f1.
>
> Dave

Yes, true. But the 'lux does not got to to f1.0 and Erwin pointed out that
with the Noct at f1.4 and the 'lux at f1.4 the 'lux wins hands down. I
pointed out on another post that you can equal the Noct's F1.0 aperture by
increasing the shutter speed of the 'lux, ie., 60th to 30th at 1.4 will
capture the same light as 60th at 1.0. Assuming you can hold it steady (I
can and do all the time).

sl