Subject: RE: [Leica] Mitch Zeissler's Noctilux PAW
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:25:49 -0400

Nathan...

Thank you for taking the time to comment.  My responses are as follows:

http://members.aol.com/lifeatfone/private/index.htm

Joshua  -  Normally I don't like having a face obscured, but this one
appealed to me because of the "decisive moment".  I wasn't even sure I
had gotten the image, because it was so fleeting in nature.  Kids move
*too* quickly!  ;-)

NDUse  -  This was just intended to be a technical exercise and an
example to some of the other LUG members that have asked me off-list
about using ND filters with the Noct.  Now that I have the ability to
meter through the lens, I will be taking more shots using ND filters
where I feel them to be appropriate.  I think the image also addresses
questions some have had about the flare capabilities of the Noct and
whether filters would visibly degrade the image.

Riddy  -  We have untold numbers of photos of Riddy and Dawn.  I'm
always looking for a new way to capture them.  Of the two shots I took
that day, this is the better one, but I don't care for some of the grass
around his muzzle.

As far as shooting everything at f/1.0; I'm not, though I do tend to
shoot as much as possible at the faster apertures.  These are just some
of the images I've taken in the past week or so and they happen to have
shot wide open on the Noct.

Questions back to the group at large:

Are the images big enough on your screen?  Do they load fast enough?
What ways can the web navigation be improved?

Good light!

/Mitch Zeissler