Subject: Re: [Leica] Missing 50mm Summilux III
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 12:08:45 -0500

> Unless I've somehow missed it, in Puts' "Leica Lens Compendium" he shows two
> versions for the 50mm f/1.5 Summilux-M. The 1st version from 1959 and the
> second from 1961. There is no third version shown, which of course does
> exist and was introduced in 1995. It is also missing from his online lens
> list.

Michael,

Will have to go back and check the Puts book, but, there was no Summilux
50/1.5 there was a SUMMARIT 50/1.5. There were two versions of the Summilux
50/1.4, the first lasted only 2 or 3 years from 1959 to '62/'63 then the
current version came out.

And your question below, I do not think the 50/1.4 is missing from the book
or website.

sl

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Missing 50mm Summilux III)