Subject: [Leica] 50mm Summilux V3
From: "Michael Reichmann" <mreichmann@home.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:18:40 -0400

Sorry for the type, I meant f/1.4 of course, refering to the 50mm f/1.4
Summilux.

While I understand that the third version (if such is the case) is optically
similar to the 1962 second version, isn't the fact that the 1995 version is
cosmetically different, has a different filter diameter, weight, and close
focus distance enough to qualify it as a new version?

Frankly, it matters little, but other books (such as Satorius' "Indentifying
Leica Lenses" lists it as a third version yet Puts doesn't.

Just curious.

Michael
www.luminous-landscape.com