Subject: Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 17:26:53 -0400

on 9/6/01 4:24 PM, Mike Gil at dtt2150@yahoo.com wrote:

> Dear Luggers,
>
> Here is one for the Nazi property owners file.  I was
> photographing at the Century City Plaza towers in Los
> Angeles.  When out of no where this lady comes up to
> me and starts barking at me asking why I'm I taking
> photographs of the buildings,

> Has other luggers been harrased in this way before or
> this building just going over the top. I think I might
> post some of the photographs on the web,  I'm getting
> scared.
>
> Mike Gil

Yes... In Boston several years ago I was standing on the public sidewalk
photographing the Mother Church of the Christian Science movement with the
rest of the skyline in the background when out of no where appeared this
screaming woman informing me that the entire compound is copyrighted and no
photography is allowed.  I was attempting to calmly explain to her my rights
as she got closer and encroached into my personal space still loudly
demanded I cease and hand over any illegal photos I had made.  At this point
she had gathered quite a crowd of bewildered tourist and passers by.  She
was in a uniform of some type identifying her as an official representative
of the church's security force, a toy cop.  As she was about to make contact
with me, and I was telling her and all around us,  that if she did in fact
physically contact me I would seek legal remedy,  a policeman arrived.  She
went back into the her cage and I continued to make photographs.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings)