Subject: Re: [Leica] Photographing stage performances--help!
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:32:47 -0500

Thanks, Mark.
           I really like to shoot the summer stock theatre
here, because it is an intimate setting, and I'm close to
the players, ideal for my M leicas.

I was shooting this during a performance; the whisper of the
Leica seemed to offend no one.

Many of these kids were in the Technicolor Dreamcoat
musical, and I think they were eager for me to do another
web page, so they could show their families and friends.

As far as taking my camera into a professional show where I
was not known, I think I'd be very wary.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com

> "SonC (Sonny Carter)" wrote:
> >
> > This series was shot with Fuji 800 superia Xtra at a
stage
> > performance. Close ups are with a 90mm tele-elmarit, and
wides are
> > with a summicron 35.  I took a reading with the 90, and
winged it
> > after that.
> > http://www.sonc.com/cottonpatch/
> >
> > Regards,
> > SonC
> >
> Great shots Sonny! I've done a lot of theatrical
photography as well!
> But this fellow is going to sneak his camera into a
professional play?!?!?!?

Message from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Photographing stage performances--help!)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Photographing stage performances--help!)