Subject: [Leica] Private property and buildings
From: matt kollasch <matthew.kollasch@uni.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 09:27:26 -0500

I recently was taking photos of the State Penitentiary in Anamosa, Iowa. It is massive and
old stone building, built in the 1880s.  Creepy too, of course.  After a bit a uniformed
guard in a pick-up pulls up next.  He says, "Da boss and dem want to know what yur takin'
pictures for."  I wanted to say that I am planning a jail break, but I was dutifully humble
and explained I liked the building and wanted a few photos of it.  I was reprimanded.  I
apologized.  I figured the view from this side was better than the other so I didn't get
wise, as it were.  On the way out of town, I got this shot and nobody challenged me in the
taking of it.

http://www.uni.edu/kollasch/photo/paw/pages/week-16.htm

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings)