Subject: Re: [Leica] wk36/sl
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:49:49 +0100 (BST)

Steve,

I like both of these pictures very much. The main
picture with the old hippie-looking fellow is a nice
image. It makes me think of the 60s--I was born in
1960 and thus too young to actually take part in any
of the events (plus it was in a Communist country
where any kind of protest landed you in jail), but I
still think that it was a glorious decade when young
people cared about the world and not just about
themselves.

The two girls in front of the White House is also very
political. Your suggested caption is optimistic, but
one can also think of the remoteness of the rulers
from the ruled in today's society.

To the rest of the LUG: I have no intention of
starting a political discussion, I am just expressing
my thoughts on seeing Steve's pictures. Please...

Nathan