Subject: Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings NOW photo objections
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:54:39 -0500

>I wonder if USA members have any idea why ?  And please guys, this need not
>become some bashing thing.
>ted

Ted,

It sounds like your guy was a little (just a little) nuts.  Some
Americans have a fairly developed distrust and derision for government -
any government. Its connected to what might be called a Frontier
Mentality. A mild version is evidenced in the old pun "Hi I'm from the
government, I'm here to help you" Sounds like your guy had a more extreme
case of it. Also many Americans have a very high expectation of privacy.
Not necessarily an educated or sophisticated one but a high expectation
none the less. Maybe he was growing marijuana behind the house and didn't
want you to see it. Who knows?

Same for the Native American incident. It probably could have happened
anywhere. People get a little over wrought. Or they're just nuts!

We even see it here on the LUG on rare occaisions.  ; >)

Henry

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings NOW photo objections)