Subject: [Leica] Re: Old and Mad - stay controlled and focused! ;-)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:28:44 -0700

B. D. Colen wrote:
>>, that I have really mellowed in terms of dealing
> with things like lines, traffic jams, etc., basically taking the attitude
> that if I've got to wait, I've got to wait.....(Gee, I wonder if it's the
> drugs? :-) )<<<<<

Naw B. D.   I think we just mellow out as we mature, well OK some folks
mature, me? Jeeeesh not ever likely. ;-)

But that you which you can't do anything about, traffic, long lines for
whatever, weather and many of the other aggravating things of life you
really can't control, one might as well veg out and roll with it until your
turn comes to move a head in the line.

Simply because, if one gets all het up and uppity, lose control of mouth and
mind no one but yourself gets worked up with blood pressure rising.

I suppose if one mouth's off, it's sort of a psychological pressure release,
but in reality it does absolutely nothing to ease the line ahead or make the
rain stop! And quite often makes you just look like some loud mouthed moron!

It's far more relaxing looking at this way.... "Hey no one's going to die if
I have to wait here, least of all me with a heart attack by getting pissed
off because some klutz up front is stupid!"

Besides, cell phones these days while stuck in a line up, allows one to have
a good old fashion gab session with a friend somewhere in the world that you
haven't talked to in a long time.

Or just a call to one of your kids or your wife making sure she knows you're
stuck in traffic. Now there isn't any question to why you call your wife,
heavens all married guys no the answer to this right after they say, "I do
and I will!"

You call her, sound devastated, look for sympathy and with any kind of luck
she'll offer sweet words and calm you down. Or, she'll say something to piss
you off more! ;-) But the main reason to call her is.......... so when you
arrive in the door a complete mental wreck from being stuck in traffic
messing with your mind an extra hour, she doesn't start word whacking you
for:

1/ Not calling on the cell phone!
2/ Being just plain late!
3/ add your own reason from experience :-)
4/ add your own reason from experience ;-)

Man, just learn how to put it all aside, that which you cannot control...
don't sweat it.  That which you can control just be cool and life will be
great. :-)

And in the end your Leica pictures will be frustration free! :-) Have a nice
weekend wherever you folks are.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant