Subject: Re: [Leica] Private Property and Buildings
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 19:11:26 -0400

on 9/7/01 6:46 PM, Edward Meyers at aghalide@panix.com wrote:

> There I was, walking the streets of Amsterdam early one
> Sunday morning in November, with my M3 and 35mm f/2 goggle
> lens, using Ilford HP5. It was raining (Amsterdam). I saw
> this interesting building and whipped out the Leica from
> beneath my raincoat and fired a few shots at a guessed
> f/4 and 1/60 sec. In a moment, this big guy comes running
> towards me with his hands raised. He first yelled something
> in Dutch andswi   sitched to English seeing no reaction from me.
> He reached me and began shoving. Why was I photographing
> the Scientology building? h se seed ems to be screeming. What
> Scientology building? was my answer. Rather than wait until
> my Leica was taken and I was punched to the ground, I turned
> and walked away in quick-step. So much for a free press. Ed

The TV company I worked for once sent someone into a Scientology centre
wearing a hidden camera. Unfortunately she was caught. They eventually let
her go but the next day when we went to work we were all photographed by
scientologists waiting outside our building. The same day, or maybe the day
after, many of the cars in the undergound parking lot were broken into but
nothing of value was stolen. Go figure.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com