Subject: Re: [Leica] 360 degrees of Midway fun at
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:15:21 -0700

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 9/7/01 5:44 PM, Steve Rowell at steverowell@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Looks like you've hit a groove with the pans. They
> > really seem to offer a new set of compositional
> > challenges though. In this one, I find the tree toward
> > the middle a little distracting. It seems to split the
> > image. The thing I like most about this project is
> > when you nail it the resulting image has a real sense
> > of place.
>
> The centre of the pan is of course arbitrary because the ends meet up... but
> choosing where to put it is very hard. In this case the building on the
> right facing 'in' begs to be the right hand side, which puts that big
> carousel in the centre. I tried a few other orientations but they all looked
> a bit arbitrary. I did a few other pans here which may be more satisfying.
> --
> John Brownlow
>
> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

It would be nice if you had a big bush at the right which was split in half and
then continued at the left.
Then in your own mind the viewer would know more than it was a full 360 circle.
I think this is important. Making the circle make sense.
What you see on the edges matches up in your minds eye.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/