Subject: [Leica] Using Leicas for sports/action photography?
From: John David Emmett <jemmett@frontier.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 22:09:27 -0600

I was going to ask just this question earlier today. I have two m6s and
almost never bring them out to shoot sports, leaving that job to my
canon 1-v.

Last week I started a picture story on a professional no-holds barred
fighter who lives here in Dallas. I've been hanging out shooting pics of
him boxing, kickboxing, grappling. Fast moving stuff that I thought I
could never keep up with with manual focus.

But today I went to shoot him lifing weights and brought along the
leicas. I shot part of two rolls and then went back in the afternoon to
photograph him kickboxing. I wanted to finish off the rolls from earlier
so I decided to try the leicas.

I struggled and every time I hit the shutter I wasn't certain whether
the pic would be in focus or not. When I looked at the negs, I did ok
but not great.

So does anyone have tips for shooting sports with an m6? I used 35 and
50 lenses. Shot around 125/200 at 2/2.8.