Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading IIIF
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:54:55 -0800

>I bought two IIIFs, and have been having great fun taking pictures with
>them. I have some difficulty loading them, and it takes me two or three
>tries, before I am successful. Any tips from III F users on the list, as
>regards loading, would be appreciated. THanks.
>Roland

Roland,

Here's my step-by-step procedure:

- - fire shutter once - don't advance!
- - remove baseplate
- - trim film leader (I cut back 13 sprocket holes from the edge of the
factory provided leader)
- - slip leader under the metal tongue on the film spool
- - insert film into camera body
- - put baseplate back on
- - extend the rewind knob and tighten the slack - leave the rewind knob extended
- - wind the film advance, watching the rewind knob (if it turns, the film is
loaded properly, if not, remove film and start over)
- - if the rewind knob did turn, fire and advance two more times (for a total
of 3, just like on the M), then collapse rewind knob
- - set film counter to 1
- - go out and take pictures

If the above doesn't work for you, go here:

http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/cgi-bin/htsearch?words=IIIf+loading&config=lug&meth
od=and&sort=score&matchesperpage=20&format=short&Submit=Search

This is what the archives has to offer on IIIf loading.

Best of luck,

Guy