Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 280mm f/2.8 APO-Telyt-R
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:40:22 -0400

On 9 Sep 2001, at 6:13, Ted Grant wrote:
> Even using the 2X to produce a 560, f 5.6 there isn't any discernable loss.
> But to get really carried away attach both 1.4 and 2X, that gives you an
> 800mm f 8.0 that has produced and saved my butt for long lens images on many
> occasions.

I first learned of the feasibility of this combination from one of Ted's
presentations at the Leica seminar.  It has become my standard rig
on a tripod for birds in the field.  It's a bit of a bear to move around,
but the results are worth the effort.

The truly masochistic might put the 1.4x and 2x on a camera
adapter for the APO televid spotting scope for a 2200 mm f/20-
something lens.

Roy