Subject: RE: [Leica] translation into auto-exposure
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 11 Sep 2001 07:59:21 -0700

On Tue, 11 September 2001, "Lee, Jonathan" wrote:

> Has any camera had a fully mechanical shutter and auto-exposure, not
> counting the servo-driven Nikon F2?  I'm curious as to how this could be
> done.
>
> Jonathan Lee

Sure, the Konica Autoreflex of the late 1960s.  It used a "trapped needle" system that controlled the aperture; an early shutter-priority system.  Not workable on an M camera since the camera body has no control over the lens aperture.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe