Subject: Re: [Leica] Terror
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:08:57 -0400

on 9/13/01 2:31 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:

>> In the end it all comes down to imposing political will by force.
>> --
>> John Brownlow
>>
>> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
>
> You are saying that sure make war but don't think God is on your side becuase
> Everyone has an agenda which makes perfect sense to them.

yes I am saying something like that

> Killing for any reason is bad. Real bad.

bad but sometimes necessary

> My vibe is these terrreist people are deranged, off base hate filled people.
> "Good" is not in their category.

I do not think that they are deranged, any more than I think the crusaders
were deranged, or Japanese kamikaze pilots, or the Christians martyrs, or
those responsible for the slaughter at Wounded Knee. Thinking they are
deranged is a great excuse for not examining why they too might think they
have right on their side.

To understand why an Islamic fundamentalist might think that by killing
thousands of innocent people they were going to end up in paradise does not
mean you have to think what they did was right, or even forgiveable.

> For us to claim we represent "good" maybe that's too much to bite off.
> I think we're OK. Our heart is in the right place.

sure. I agree with you.

> And they very much not. Simplistic perhaps that's all I've got.

how can I disagree with you?

and yet THEY may have thought they were doing something sacred and holy.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com