Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6 0.85 Viewfinder - Need Help!
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:56:52 -0500

> Greetings,
> I just bought an M6 0.85 TTL body with 90/f2.8
> Elmarit-M lens. Viewfinder looks pretty clear when I
> look at it from any angle but was surprise after using
> a flashlight at around 30-45 degree angle. There seem
> to be a slight fogging which can only be seen by a
> very bright light (I was using a mag-lite and I think
> it was the inner surface). I looked
> at the archives but couldn't see anybody having the
> same observation for a new M6. Is this normal?? I
> bought the camera at Singapore and the serial number
> is 254xxxx. Have you tried checking yours wether you
> have the same experience? Other than that, the camera
> is perfect. Appreciate if you can share me your views.
> TIA,
> Mark

 Maybe the apparent fogging is somehow coming from the reflection of the
flashlight, there are several mirrors in there that could cause that. I have
a new M6 .85 and have had no problems and since you say the camera 'is
perfect' why drive yourself nuts by looking for problems where none exist.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] New M6 0.85 Viewfinder - Need Help!)