Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts about cameras and the new aviation rules
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:24:49 -0700

on 9/17/01 5:04 PM, Tina Manley at images@InfoAve.Net thoughtfully wrote:

> As for airport security right now, I would advise doing the same as
> always.  Carry your film in a zip-lock bag but, if you are traveling
> internationally, carry lead-lined bags also.  Put all of your camera
> batteries in your checked luggage.  I think digital will be even more the
> way to go in the future.

Thank you for the complete report, Tina. I greatly appreciate your expert
thoughts.

A digital that shared my M lenses would be welcome. The problem, of course,
is getting a sensor that matches 35mm film's dimensions so the lenses have
the same effective focal lengths.

Digital will continue to get better and better. Slip a microdrive into a D30
and you get  700 pictures or so. I can handle that.

Adam