Subject: Re: [Leica] What is cross-processing?
From: limited-slip differential equations <bwdaly@hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:29:45 -0500

jonathan:

>I came across an interview with a photographer who said he used
>cross-processing to increase contrast.  His commercial pictures (skis and
>ski boots) are grainy, have burned out highlights and saturated colors.
>What is cross-processing?

cross processing is when you run E6 film in C41 chemistry, or vice-versa.
i've only done it once, this weekend as a matter of fact.  i shot kodak
160T and ran it in C41.  what i got were weird-looking negatives, which i
then printed RA4.  i got grain, weird, washed-out and/or super saturated
colors, and very high contrast.  i think next time i may use the same film
but rate it at 100.

- --brad

- --
brad daly	                  bwdaly@hiwaay.net
photographs: http://home.hiwaay.net/~bwdaly
"The white man did not take his religion any more seriously than he did his
laws, and he kept both of them behind him, like Helpers, to use when they
might do him good in his dealings with strangers."
	--Plenty-Coup (Crow)
"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg
"Sometimes I treat mediocrity as if it were criminal."
	--Pauline Kael

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] What is cross-processing?)