Subject: [Leica] Tri Elmar Focusing Tab
From: Craig Semetko <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:07:29 -0700

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:12:07 -0700
From: "Mehrdad Sadat" <m.sadat@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri-elmarit-m-asph, how is the focusing ring on the new
one
"I just got one of the new ones and the focusing ring is not as smooth as
the
35 1.4, its not stiff, but not loose either, any other experience out there.
I bought the lens via mail order, so i don't know how the other ones feel
and need some feed back"

I have exactly the same feel in my focusing ring. Basically, it feels
flimsier than the one on the 35 1.4. I don't know why that is, but it just
moves easier than the other in a way that feels not as well built. I tried
others at the store and they all had the same feel, so don't worry that you
got a bad one. Having said that, I have this lens on my .58 body all the
time as my walking around lens. The optical quality is wonderful and the
convenience of having three focal lengths in one lens is fantastic. I have
grabbed shots that I otherwise would have missed because of this lens. These
advantages FAR outweigh any differences in the feel of the focusing ring,
IMHO.

I'd love to post a shot or two taken with it if I could figure out how to
post shots.

Health and Safety to All,

Craig

Replies: Reply from "baswip.com" <bas@baswip.com> (Re: [Leica] Tri Elmar Focusing Tab)