Subject: Re: [Leica] Wimberley head and Sidekick
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:19:45 -0400

I'll second Lucien's endorsement of the Sidekick.  Mine's been
semi-permanently attached to a tripod since last March, and I've
found that is more than adequate to support an R8, 280/2.8, and
both the 1.4x and 2x extenders.  The Sidekick has been joined by
a Wimberly lens plate which permits better positioning of the lens
than the RRS model specific to the 280 and by components of the
flash bracket system which allow positioning as appropriate for
either macro or tele work.

And the folks at Wimberley have been most helpful before and after
the sale.

Roy