Subject: [Leica] Victoria LUG dinner meet and greet! :-)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:37:54 -0700

Hi folks,

One of the very nice things about the LUG beyond the Leica connection are
the " warm hand shakes" and the "face to face" get togethers. Maybe we have
our online communications, but there's nothing like face to face meetings!

Last evening in Victoria, Canada,  my wife Irene, associate Sandy Carter and
self, chalked up a good meet and greet with Alex & Carmel Hurst visiting
from Ireland, topped off with the fine hospitality of Victorian's Rose and
David Young.

The ladies allowed a reasonable amount of LUG-Leica conversation, thank you
ladies :-) and a good time was had by all.  In other words guys, the wimmin'
folk didn't sit in the corner and sulk! :-)

Once again in a forum as we have here, where a collection of international
folks, who've been communicating through the wonders of electronics, finally
meet face to face. And each time it happens, I'm always in awe of what one
little camera has done in drawing so many diverse strangers together into a
kind of family unit, bypassing culture, differences of opinions and life
styles.

And yet we speak our minds, scrap on occasion, snap and bite each other,
praise and show concerns when a family member is injured or bereaved. But in
the long run, this list has given many of us something to hang onto that
human beings can get along on this planet we live.

If it's possible I'd suggest whenever one is going to another city, country,
on holiday or work and time permits, take a few minutes to enjoy that hand
shake and smile.... do it!  It's worth every moment accompanied with fond
memories shared with another friend  :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Victoria LUG dinner meet and greet! :-))