Subject: Re: [Leica] Ceramic Pressure Plate
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:28:28 -0700

John Collier wrote:

> The glass pressure plate is only desirable to collectors. It makes no
> difference in actual use other than the glass pressure plate would be more
> susceptible to impact damage. The pressure plate was changed to metal in
> 1957 from 844 001 and up.
>
> John Collier

I'd think Ceramics would have a Teflon effect and could be made more flat.
Me I'm fascinated by industrial Ceramics and their uses.
Does not Contax use them for one of their pressure plates? The RTS III?
Naturally I'd be cheaper not us use them and the results would be inconsequential.
I'd also love it if the shutter were made of silk again but the polyester is
thought to be an improvement.
I find the thought of shooting with a silk shutter VERY appealing...
	...especially with a ceramic plate behind it!
Results are one thing. But there is also how i feel. How wide is my smile when
shooting the camera.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA