Subject: Re: [Leica] need information on SF20 flash with R8
From: Gilbert Plantinga <gilplant@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:55:33 -0400

on 9/22/01 11:43 PM, Nguyen, Olivier T [AMSTA-AR-CCF] at
onguyen@pica.army.mil wrote:

> hi everyone,
> I have SF20 flash and use it with my R8.  when i set the flash to  Manual,
> how can i can not independently set the aperture number on the flash
> manually the way i want at all.  matter of fact the number is follow with
> the f stop on the lens.  I use lens without rom as well.  is this normal?
> it just make me feel that the flash support to let me set anything I want to
> it as long as i set the flash into M(anual) mode.
>
> can anyone please verify this for me
> thank you
> Olivier

This is normal. With the SF20 set on Manual the flash outputs full power
(unless you change the setting "+/- P" to reduce it). The aperture number in
the display which does follow the setting on the lens, is for information
purposes only, it does not have anything to do with output.

Hope this helps,
Gilbert