Subject: [Leica] Darkroom, lenses & analyser pro.
From: Frederik.Boone@harol.be
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:16:28 +0200

Jeff,
I recently compared 3 enlarging lenses : focotar 50/4.5 (2nd version),
focotar-2 50/4.5 and Schneider componon-s 50/2.8.
At f8 (which is my normal working aperture on my focomat Ic) it was
impossible for me to see which lens was the best.

concerning the analyser pro, it is a very handy tool to speed up your
darkroomwork. It doesn't make automatic 'perfect' prints but it will help
you to make a decent print without teststrips and once you have a decent
print, your 'perfect' print isn't that far away.
I also use it as a densitometer and it works quite accurate compared to a
'real' densitometer.
A disadvantage is the calculating speed, sometimes it takes about 10
seconds for one reading while it takes in normal cases only a second.
I doubted on buying a Heiland Splitgrade which may be more advanced but it
is too expensive for an amateur.
Greetings,
Frederik