Subject: [Leica] PAW 38 sl
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:46:01 +1000

Steve,
I do agree with you re. the LACK of eye contact. Generally, not always, it seems to indicate complicity on behalf of
the subject. O.K. if that's what one wants, But I believe, and it seems you may too, that genuine candid/street pics
look more real when the subject does not appear to be aware of and 'performs' for the camera.
I feel a rumble in the tribe already, but that is just my P.O.V.
I am not a dedicated streetshooter, but I feel now that I have flagged an opinion on which I am not an expert, I
should back my view up with a pic or two. Maybe I will set that as my next PAW!
BTW I don't mind the part person on the extreme LHS. It sort of rediects the image back into itself which otherwise
would have pointed out of frame.
Cheers all,
JohnA

John Amiet