Subject: [Leica] Heiland Splitgrade
From: Matthias Ochs <mjochs@web.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:52:23 +0200

am 24.09.2001 22:08 Uhr schrieb Leica Users digest unter
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us:

> concerning the analyser pro, it is a very handy tool to speed up your
> darkroomwork. It doesn't make automatic 'perfect' prints but it will help
> you to make a decent print without teststrips and once you have a decent
> print, your 'perfect' print isn't that far away.
> I also use it as a densitometer and it works quite accurate compared to a
> 'real' densitometer.

> A disadvantage is the calculating speed, sometimes it takes about 10
> seconds for one reading while it takes in normal cases only a second.
> I doubted on buying a Heiland Splitgrade which may be more advanced but it
> is too expensive for an amateur.
> Greetings,
> Frederik

Hi!

I just wanted to tell you that I find the Heiland Splitgrade also expensive
it has made a _huge_ difference to my darkroom work. Both it is faster and
_much_ better quality!

I highly recommend it - I've never had such beautiful prints.

Matthias

PS: Have you heard about the 1.2x enlarging lens for the viewfinder to make
a 0.72 into an 0.85 finder??? I've read that is soon to be released by
Leica.