Subject: [Leica] - Newbie query
From: Jasper tiong <jasnev@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 02:06:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,
Need to delurk to get some advice.Just bought a used
M6 and a 50mm Summicron a few weeks ago for a taste of
rangefinder expererience.
The Summicron is an older version with the focusing
tap.On uncapping the tight lens cap with a turning
motion,i noticed i could turn the barrel to the right
till  it comes off the focusing ring and the mount.
I screwed it back on and wonder if it will affect the
I found this alarming and wondering if this is at all
normal for Leica lens.Guide by your experience,i might
want to return quickly.

thanks,
jasper
Melbourne
p/s-for a browse of what i have try with the M6,
not all with the M6,some with my Contax gear.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=139410