Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Newsletter 09/27/01; New product, new internet pages, new photographer
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 09:04:53 -0700

On Thu, 27 September 2001, Leica Camera Newsletter wrote:

> __ New design and content: Leica Sport Optics webpages
>
> The Internet pages covering our range of Sport Optics
> binoculars and spotting scopes appear in a new design and
> with improved user's guidance.

<SNIP>

> Take a tour of the Sport Optics pages at: http://www.leica-camera.com/sportoptics

I thought I'd seen poor translations before but the descriptions of the Trinovid binoculars is an unreal experience.  Here's an example:

"Get your motif near quite plastic and study yourself even the finest structures into all Details."

This is from web page

http://www.leica-camera.com/sportoptik/einsatzbereiche/vogelbeobachtung/trinovid42/index_e.html

This is improved user's guidance?!?

Doug Herr