Subject: [Leica] Re: 75 sharp up close
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:00:13 -0700

I think what it really means is that your M3 RF is matched to that lens but
your M6 is not. Many people send their M6 and 75/1.4 lens to Leica to have
the lens focus cam matched to the camera. I didn't have to. My M6 matched
my 75 exactly.

The 75/1.4, wide open and focused as close as possible, has the least
amount of DOF of any M Leica lens mounted directly on an M camera and
provides the largest image size of any M lens mounted directly on an M
camera. The RF must be exactly precisely matched to the lens in order to
focus close while wide open with this lens.

Jim