Subject: Re: [Leica] 75/1.4
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:28:30 -0400

on 9/28/01 9:59 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> Hey...to each his or her own. I've found that, for me, even in those
> situations, I want to be closer or further - I want to be able to get
> just a bit more in the frame, which the 50 gives me, or I want the
> intimacy of the 85-90 mm range. But it is a matter of taste, which is a
> point someone trashing me yesterday missed. I never suggested that it
> was 'wrong' to get the 75; I simply stated my views. And part of my view
> is that it is, in terms of its optical properties, a spectacular lens. I
> have always insisted, and will continue to insist, however, that the 75
> Summilux and Nikon 85 1.4 - both AF and AIS - are virtual twins in terms
> of the image results they produce.
>
> B. D.

Just to let people know I'm still online, I too feel the 75mm is a difficult
focal lenght to work with, BUT a fantastic lens.  I had one and tried for
several years to learn to use it...the 50mm and the 90mm meet my needs.

Now about the 24mm, 28mm, 35mm hmmmm!!!

Steven

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] 75/1.4)