Subject: [Leica] Announcing New Leica Store!
From: Craig Semetko <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:06:50 -0700

Hello Fellow LUGers,

A dear friend of mine has recently opened his own camera store, specializing
in Leica. The store is called "Beverly Hills Camera Centre," and is located
where you might expect, Beverly Hills California. His name is Nigel Skeet,
born in England, raised in Amsterdam, and transplanted to Los Angeles to
find more subjects for his rock n' roll magazine work. I got to know Nigel
when he worked at Samy's Camera. I went in to buy a 20-35 zoom for my Nikon.
Nigel asked me a few simple questions, then handed me an M6, saying, "Be
careful, if you hold it, you'll have to buy it." Oh, did he know what he was
talking about. I walked out with an M6, a 35 Summicron, and a new friend.
Nigel's inherent drive has finally compelled him to make the big leap and
start his own shop. This note is an attempt to reward that entrepreneurial
spirit.

I know Nigel to be smart, knowledgeable, honest and fair. Above all, the guy
LOVES LECIA! His store address can be found under the California Dealers in
the Market/Addresses section of the Leica Web Site. He also has his own web
site that is very informative and offers his own compelling story of how he
switched from Nikon to Leica. The URL is:

www.mrleica.com    (I told you the guys loves Leica!)

If you click on the scrolling "New Store" it will give you all the vitals on
Beverly Hills Camera Centre.

Anyway, thanks for indulging my desire to help out a friend. It's tough
enough starting a new business in the best of times, let alone in times like
these. I hope you all take this in the spirit in which it is intended, and
get a chance to check out his web site.

All the best to everyone,

Craig

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Announcing New Leica Store!)