Subject: Re: [Leica] Best week for ages!
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:57:02 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 29/09/01 20:03:13 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
mark.teampope@ntlworld.com a écrit :

> Dear Luggers,
>

>  I've just had the best week for ages!  I've not really felt like doing much
>  following the death of my Father in Law in August, but that's behind me now
>  and I have finally started to work through a backlog of about 25 films.
>  The films are mainly shots taken with the M6 during our summer holiday in
>  France - some architectural, some candids and some landscapes.  I managed
11
>  work prints one evening last week and some of the results look quite
>  promising.  However, today, I managed to produce 20 work prints in one
>  session and I had to stop only when I ran out of drying rack space.
>  Of the thirty or so prints that I have made so far this week,  I reckon
that
>  15 are probably worth putting on to fibre.  Not bad considering that I have
>  only worked through 3 or 4 films so far.
>
>  Earlier this week, there was a thread about developers for Delta 100.
Well,
>  I used ID11 for my films.  I have to say that I am pretty pleased with it -
>  the prints are quite contrasty - probably equivalent to grade 2 and a half
>  or even three when compared to pictures taken on HP5 plus developed in
>  Perceptol.  I may need to cut my development time a bit, but I am undecided
>  at the moment.
>
>  So after a great darkroom session today (it was pouring down this morning)
>  drove into the local town centre and wandered around with the M6.  By this
>  time, the weather had improved and it was worth while having a go at some
>  street shots.  Nothing much seemed to be happening until I spotted a lady
>  talking on a mobile phone whilst peering into a shop window.  The light was
>  just right and from where I was standing it looked just like she was
talking
>  to her own reflection. Do you know that feeling you get when you just know
>  you have a potential winner?  Well I think this could be it - assuming of
>  course the exposure, composition and focus are all spot on.  But that's
>  enough pessimism!  As soon as I have some decent prints, I'll post them up
>  for critique.
>
>  Oh and the icing on the cake today?  A brand new chrome 0.58 M6TTL.  It had
>  been bought by someone in April, it's never been out of the box and I got
>  got a fantastic deal!
>
>  Gotta go - I feel the need to develop some more film amd make some more
>  prints!
>

>  Have a good weekend everyone
>

>  Regards
>

>  Mark Pope
>  Swindon, Wilts
>  UK
>
>  http://www.monomagic.co.uk

It's good to read such good stories . Very cool man.
Tomorrow , the weather is gonna improve here in
France , I'll fire a V8 and there will be an M6 around
my neck . I'll be heading to Luxemburg city .
Chears

Jo Goodtimes , France