Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35-70mm zoom and the no carry on question.
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:22:07 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>> Well, business travellers may make up only a minority of the seats but
the
> average business class ticket costs 5-6 times as much as an economy
ticket. When I fly to New York on business the ticket is 3000 Swiss Francs;
a seat on the
> same plane can be had for 600-700 Francs if you fly economy, book early,
stay
> over Saturday night etc.<<<<

Hi Nathan,
Yep the price of business seats is so far out it's no wonder many companies
laid down that flights be organized for economy class and deals when and if
the travel wasn't absolutely emergency or panic company business and you
just had to be there no matter what!

An example was a recent shoot Sandy and I did in New York, pre 9/11. Our
Victoria -- New York rt. was, $11,000 plus Cdn. Which I'm sure we could've
had seats for a third of that amount easily, accept it was last minute "had
to be there, period!"

We flew business class and we were the only two sitting together and one
other passenger.  On the return a week a later  "we were it!" in the
complete business class. And now it must be worse after 9/11!

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: 35-70mm zoom and the no carry on question.)