Subject: [Leica] re: Leica IIIf
From: Howard Sanner <flagstad@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:38:40 -0400

>if you think there is anything else I should be aware of before >handling these cameras, please let me know.

	Before loading the IIIf or any other screwball Leica, trim the
film's leader so that the tongue ends between the 21st and 22nd
sprocket holes. Make sure all sprocket holes are closed; if you
nick one, just trim the leader back another sprocket hole. Once
you've done that, the film will drop right into the camera;
folklore to the contrary notwithstanding, with a properly-trimmed
film leader the screwmount Leicas are the easiest cameras in the
world to load. If you don't trim the leader, you run the risk of
jamming the camera.

					Howard Sanner
					flagstad@mindspring.com