Subject: Re: [Leica] non-leica lenses to fit the leica m3?
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 14:57:19 -0500

Barb,
God allows us to sin by using other lenses on the Leica. God prefers
we use Leitz/Leica products, but they can either be German or
Canadian.

There are a number of other lenses in Leica Screw Mount that can be
adapted to the M Leica, and they include Canon,  Nikon, and more
recently, Voigtlander.   There are others, most of which are of
Russian manufacture.  These all can use a simple screw on adapter
(US$35-50) that allows your rangefinder to couple with most of them.

A very few others are made in the M mount directly, but we are seeing
that Konica's M may or may not match up.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com