Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Helios 85/1.5?history?
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:00:52 +0200

You're taking  a big risk - Russian made lenses may have got rather good
glass, but mechanicaly they're awful - and no-one wants to repair them.

M.

I am hoping some one on the list will know something about the russian
Helios 40-2 85mm F1.5 lens for SLR's. The only thing I is that it is a 6
element design. Is it derived from a german design like alot of other
russian lenses? I picked one up in Prague,mint condition, for use on my
Canon EOS. The lens is finished in nice very miliary flat black. I hope it
performs well! I spent too much money on my leica stuff...so I'm cutting
corners with my Canon outfit!