Subject: [Leica] Photo Printers Follow-up
From: Lee Yan Zhan <yzlee@starhub.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 01:08:46 +0800

Dear LUGGERs,

I would like to thank everyone who had responded on the forum and privately
to me.

Over the last 3 days, I have been looking at Piezograhy.  See

http://www.piezography.com/

I have decided to convert my Epson 750 to B&W under this system.  So far the
prospect of getting very high quality prints is very promising even at 1440
printer dpi.

For pro consumer color high quality printouts, the search continues.  For
space constraint reasons, I have to stick to A4 size printers.  My personal
preference is Epson but I find it silly and wasteful to always discard
cartridge that is unfinished but one of the 6 inks is completely exhausted.
Canon has a more practical system as all the color cartridges can be
individually refilled.  The new Epson C60 and C80 system is now going
towards this directly and hopefully soon, there will be a photo version on
the new C series.  I am looking forward to maybe even pigment inks.

My new questions are :

1.  Can anyone share experience on A4 size printers?  Epson Photo 890.
2.  Has anyone used Epson 1280 and Canon 800 before?  How is the quality of
the printouts.
3.  Anymore experience and recommendation on color photo printers??

Cheers,
Lee
Fellow LUGGER from Singapore