Subject: Re: [Leica] Travel
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 23:53:52 +0200

Hello,

I had a Paris-Hong-Kong and back last week and can only say that nothing has
changed at Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle airport. The security check was pretty
much the same as usual, except for the opening of my camera bag (1st time in
years at Roissy) to check the contents of the lead-bag I had with me. It
seems that the bag came out completely opaque on the screen...

No batteries had to be taken out of the M's or the XPan, nothing else
checked.

Normal forks & knives (metal) on the plane, nice flight attendants,
everything seemed normal.

Hong Kong is beautiful. Leicas for as cheap as 8500 HK$ (approx 1050 US$)
for a M6 TTL... I guess that's grey market.

Can't wait to return!

Tarek