Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: New aviation rules
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 20:23:23 -0400

> Austin Franklin typed:
>
> > They claim it, and any electronics,
> > interfere with their navigation systems.  If my little cell phone (or my
> > Sony walkman) interferes with anything of theirs on the plane, the plane
> > wasn't designed properly!  That is a complete farce.
>
> Possibly this hasn't occurred to you, Austin, but the avionics systems
> in use today were largely designed and specified BEFORE -  in most
> cases, decades before - cell phone use was widespread.

Er, yes.  It has occurred to me, and I dismissed it.  Cell phones are just
another frequency, and no, there has NEVER been any physical evidence that
the claim that consumer electronics actually interferes with aviation
electronics, that I am aware of.  If you have a source of a truly scientific
study that shows I am wrong, PLEASE post the URL or source.

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (RE: [Leica] Re: New aviation rules)