Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Helios 85/1.5?history?
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:52:39 +0200

Congratulations!
You are among the lucky bunch!

I am not perfectly sure, but it may contain Lanthanium.

Martin

The Helios 85mm seems to be very well put together.It's quite
heavy..probably more than the Elan 7 with a 28-135. I would assume that more
experienced workers got to assemble these. Mine is from (i guess)1985.
Really ,besides the slightly crude rotating tripod collar,stiffish focus,it
seems to be a VERY high quality lens. I notice that the glass has a distince
yellow cast....doe it contain Lanthanum? I got some pics back today that I
shot with it...they look really great.Just if I can get that damn Canon to
meter with it properly!!