Subject: Re: [Leica] Why is the lowest shutter speed on a Leica M6 1/1000?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:40:26 -0400

Guys-
At the risk of sounding like a old fuddy duddy, might I suggest that you use
a slower film? I have used Tri-X for over thirty years through its many
incarnations, but I also like Plus-X and the Agfapan 100 as well. I can use
the slower speed, and the quality is better in terms of grain and sharpness.
I like the idea of just one film, but have a couple of speeds in your
repertoir certainly makes you more flexible.
I cannot see the use of such fast shutter speed unless I were trying to do
scientific photography and capture a speeding bullet, or the angles of
Hummingbird wings- it seems that a camera with such fast shutter speeds
might be more prone to error, and harder to keep in adjustment, electronics
notwithstanding.
Just my 2 dinars worth!
Dan