Subject: Re: [Leica] I am so stupid I can't believe it!
From: "Barney Quinn, Jr." <barney.quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 16:22:52 -0400

Brian,

Good for you! To keep this temporarily on topic I shot with a pair of
IIIf's in my college and grad school days. I went to Syracuse University
in the early and mid-sixties. Syracuse approached the housing or the
animals - er athletes - differently. Rather than keeping them in a
centralized barn, which seems to have been Maryland's approach, Syracuse
distributed them four per floor through out the men's dorms. Horses for
courses. Do you want major damage to one building or light to moderate
damage to all buildings.

Before I continue let's have full disclosure here. My undergraduate
record has more than one blemish on it, and I thoroughly enjoyed
creating each and every one. :-) Second semester of my freshman year
some members of the football team who will be nameless except to say
that every one of them went on to become brand name athletes were having
a pick up lacrosse game in the corridor outside my room. I was
desperately trying to study for my Calculus final. To this day I don't
believe that I went out into the hall and told them to knock it off
because I was trying to study! Nor do I believe that I lived to be
typing this. I understand the economic and PR importance of collegiate
sports, but having said that I also have to say that it was very
aggravating when you asked one of the prize steers how they did in a
particular course and they replied, "The coach fixed it for me." This
happened more often than one might think.

Barney