Subject: RE: [Leica] OFF-TOPIC: connecting Nikon LS-2000 SCSI slide scanner to FireWire computer?
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:08:21 -0700

At 8:44 PM +0200 10/4/01, Pascal wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>
>thanks for the quick reply. No, it is not a PowerBook. For that I used a
>Ratoc Ultra SCSI Cardbus card (like the Adaptec PD 1480 you mention, only
>Ratoc messed up with the software drivers since the device works perfectly
>well with Windows laptops and not consistently with the PowerBook).
>
>It is a PowerMac G4 Cube which, like the iMac, only has USB and FireWire...
>
>Would it seem as if I am out of luck and have to ditch my otherwise perfect
>LS-2000 ? I wouldn't normally upgrade to the LS-4000 since my work doesn't
>require that kind of resolution...

If you find something that works, I would be quite interested. My son
has an iMac and a Nikon scanner that he would like to keep using, but
now he has to keep an older Mac with SCSI around because he hasn't
found anything that works reliably. OrangeMicro makes a Firewire/SCSI
bridge, but it doesn't work with much at all. Most SCSI devices are
not recognized.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design