Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmar 50mm versions
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:54:23 +0200

I may provide a partial answer only - to my knowledge all 50ies Leica lenses
have got some sort of coating, but the later their production date, the more
sophisticated the coating. And that was particularly true of
even-then-top-of-the-line M lenses.

And I'm expecting to be corrected on the subject.

Martin

I'm thinking about getting a 50mm Elmar and had a few questions my
reference books couldn't answer. Perhaps someone here can shed some
light on this.

1) Are all postwar LTM Elmar 50mm/3.5 coated?

2) Is the early 50mm/3.5 and 50mm/2.8 in M mount coated?

3) Does anyone notice a big difference in contrast/flare
   between the 50/3.5 coated/uncoated and the 2.8?

Thanks,

feli

"It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
                       -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999