Subject: Re: [Leica] partial roll.
From: "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:26:02 -0700

>This is such a no brainer by anyone with an ounce of common sense I'm amazed
>at all the techniques offered.   Which by the way all work.
>
>Look, before you reload the roll make sure you know exactly how many frames
>were exposed. And how do you know that? Well when you took it out three
>weeks ago you marked how many frames were exposed right on the film leader
>still sticking out. Right? You did do that didn't you? I knew did! ;-)
>
>You marked on that roll how many frames were exposed, so load in the normal
>fashion, then put the lens tightly on your pant leg, OK ladies on yer skirt
>and fire away until you've gone by two frames of the previously exposed
>frames!
>
>Hell I don't have a lens cap for 90% of my lenses so I don't worry about the
>"put the lens cap on, set shutter to 1/1000 then smallest aperture etc,
>shoot." Sure they are all OK to do, but in the field in a hurry you sure
>don't go around looking for the lens cap or worrying about setting shutter
>speeds.
>
>It's in the camera, winder 'er on as quickly as you can and it's wham bam
>thank you Ma'am! Loaded and yer shooting like crazy!
>
>Like I said, it's truly a no brainer.
>
>ted.
>
>Dear Ted.

I really hate to respond to you, but feel I must as I don't like be
accused of being without a brain. If you had paid attention to my
original post you would of known that I have done partial roll before
and one could assume successfully at that. And I use the hand over
lens, 1000/sec etc., etc.
My post was due to the fact that I have not had experience with the
little clip-on lens cap that came with my new Summicron and was
curious if it was truly light-proof. As noted I had experimented and
it seems so, but I cherished some support.
So, a closer reading of my post would of saved you a lot of typing.

Regards, Michael