Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: partial roll.
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:42:05 -0400

on 10/5/01 7:56 PM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@home.com wrote:

> Hi Jim, Thanks for making me feel, "I'm not alone!" ;-)

Yeah, I'm totally with Jim on this. Partial rolls are a nightmare. When I
finish shooting, I rewind the last cassette and throw it in the bag with the
rest of the exposed rolls. My camera is empty, unless I'm actually shooting
that day.

A BIG advantage of this for me is that I only have one subject on a roll.

(Rolls with split subjects are also a nightmare IMO)

Reloading partial rolls is like boiling guitar strings to get rid of the
crud! Don't DO it! I knew I had made a breakthrough the day I decided to
change guitar strings before every gig, and not reloading partial rolls is
the same thing.

Ditto with Grafmatic backs. If I don't shoot all six sheets, I unload and
develop them anyway. Too much effort trying to work out what's exposed and
what isn't. Also encourages you to shoot all your film, which is satisfying.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com