Subject: Re: [Leica] Investment decisions......
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 15:07:26 -0400

Right you are Frank - and planes hit the WTC every day...:-(....Besides
which, I am talking long-term investment...We've been over this before
here, and the reality is that, long term, most Leicas make crappy
investments...GREAT cameras...great cameras for the long-haul, but they
don't begin to compare to traditional investments if what you are
looking for is return on your dollar or Euro...

And BTW...If you want to take a balanced approach to this, tell me what
a Leica with lenses, any combination you want, purchased in, oh, say
1993, and sold in Jan 2000, would have brought you, compared to the same
amount of money invested on the NASDQ.....;-)...or NYSE.....

And, BTW II, if Leicas are such great "investments," why do dealers
still have any number of Leica collectibles sitting on their shelves in
the original packaging?

B. D.