Subject: Re: [Leica] 24 finders are pants.
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 12:32:28 -0500

I agree with you, John,
    I don't have a great deal of experience with the metal brightline Leitz finders,
but the 28mm  I used to own had a bad habit of letting the brightlines rotate.  It
was not too difficult to fix, but it almost always happened after a plane flight.   I
durrently have what is probably the same as a 21mm with my Brooks (Plaubel, I think )
Veriwide.  That finder too, likes to rotate.

These are problems I never have with the 28 plastic, It is lighter, less prone to
scuffing on the metal parts, and the rotation of brightlines seems to be impossible.
And of course, when I have dropped it, it never makes that sickening "THUNK" noise.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com